Horror Writer's Association Member

Horror Writer's Association Member
Horror Writer's Association Member

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Music Writing

Besides my current obsession with writing fiction, I have been known primarily as a nonfiction music and pop-culture writer. There are several music magazines that I am a regular contributor of. I conduct interviews, write album and concert reviews, personal experience pieces, etc. I have been writing about music since 1985 when I started my first zine; Disturbed Minds.



I currently contribute to several music magazines; The Big Takeover (sold in Barnes & Nobles and other major chains), Ugly Things, Maximum Rock'n'Roll, and Record Collector News.






I have written articles and conducted interviews on countless bands/musicians over the last 25+ years including: Vandals, Bags (Alice Bag), The Controllers, Deadbeats, White Flag, Dead Milkmen, Insted, Ray Campi, The Tornadoes, Susan Surftone, Deke Dickerson, John Blair, Phil Alvin, and so on...

I have been a big fan of music even before attending my first concert; Elvis Presley at the Anaheim Convention Center in 1976! I will probably continue to write for music for a long time to come.

No comments :

Post a Comment