Horror Writer's Association Member

Horror Writer's Association Member
Horror Writer's Association Member

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Recent Acceptance

Hey everyone! I recently got some acceptance letters and sold a few stories! Coming out in just a few weeks, my story "Intellectual Property," will be featured in a new science-fiction magazine titled The Age of Androids. This new magazine will be given away for free to the first 5,000 attendees at the San Diego Comic-Con. I am extremely thrilled to have such a presence at this years comic-con! If even half of the people who get a copy, read it, then I will have several thousand readers for my story! Unfortunately I do not have a cover image to put up yet, but I hope to soon! Here is their logo for now...


I have what I believe to be my best short horror story yet, "The Horror at Engle Farm," that will be published in Barnyard Horror (James Ward Kirk Fiction). This anthology will also have a flash-fiction piece of mine called "The Blue-Eyed Deal." It will hopefully be available by the end of summer.

I also had one of my crime/noir stories picked up by the same publisher for the Indiana Crime Review 2013. You can check on the status of either book at: www.jwkfiction.com

I am starting to get more stories published overseas as well. I just got a flash piece also picked up for a U.K. anthology release titled Dark In The Limelight. This anthology looks really exciting and I am thrilled to be a part of it. It will not be available until early 2014 though.


This is being released by Horrified Press in the U.K. and the editor is Gavin Chappell from Schlock! Webzine.

Static Movement just picked up one of my stories for their anthology titled In the Darkness. This probably won't be out for a year though as Static Movement is so far behind on their publishing schedule. Here is their proposed cover design, but I have seen their covers change as they get closer to press:


I also have a nonfiction piece that just got accepted for Five2One: The Literary Freakshow online magazine. Check them out at: http://five2onemag.onimpression.com/p/welcome.html

I also sold one story to a new publisher that I have been asked to keep secret for now. I can tell you that my story is the fifth that they have in line for publication and as it gets published, I will tell you all! The story I sold to this mysterious publisher is entitled "Snapshots of Hell."

Overall the last few months have been good for me in placing stories. Now I just have to get to work on that novel!

No comments :

Post a Comment