Horror Writer's Association Member

Horror Writer's Association Member
Horror Writer's Association Member

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Schlock!

Hey everyone...The first horror story that I ever tried to write (years ago) has finally seen publication in the newest issue of Schlock! Webzine from the U.K. My story is titled "Lost and Found" and it is fitting that it is seeing the light of day in a publication called Schlock! It is not my best story and seems pretty derivative of Lovecraft Cthulhu mythos without anything too unique about it. It's the kind of filler story that you would have seen in a pulp magazine of the 1930s or 1940s. Do I seem like I am being hard on my story? Yes, I am, but there are some twists that I think are redeeming...The ancient book that I mention in the story is real and the way in which they are able to stop the monster is unique. I have never read of anyone using the technique that I employed. Oh well...read it if you must. The guys at Schlock! are very cool and deserve much praise, especially Gavin Chappell, for all their efforts to give a new writer an outlet and put forth so much material on such a frequent basis.



Read "Lost and Found" for FREE here: http://www.schlock.co.uk/index.html

Or purchase the Kindle edition here on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Schlock-Webzine-Vol-Issue-ebook/dp/B00E1VF46O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1374339789&sr=8-2&keywords=schlock+28

No comments :

Post a Comment