Horror Writer's Association Member

Horror Writer's Association Member
Horror Writer's Association Member

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Long Time No See

Hey everybody! I have not written a new blog in quite a while so I need to catch you up on a lot of cool happenings. First of all, I have had some personal issues that have caused me to become very lax about keeping up with my blog. I also understand that many people do not need to know what is happening with me on a month to month basis, so I plan on updating this blog quarterly from now on, with exceptions as I feel necessary. Now to the horror at hand...

I have been featured in a couple of anthologies that I want to mention. First of all, Jennifer Miller should be commended highly for her on-going yearly anthology; Ladies and Gentlemen of Horror.



I missed out on being in the 2014 edition, but Jennifer remembered me when it came time to do the 2015 edition and I am thrilled to be included in such a fine book. All proceeds go to the American Cancer Society. It would be awesome if you bought a copy for that reason alone. You actually have several buying options with this anthology.

You can buy just the "Ladies" stories:
http://www.amazon.com/Ladies-Horror-2015-Amanda-Spedding/dp/1517511356/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460066450&sr=1-1&keywords=ladies+of+horror+2015

Or you can buy just the "Gentlemen's" stories:
http://www.amazon.com/Gentlemen-Horror-2015-Greg-McWhorter/dp/151751147X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460066529&sr=1-1&keywords=gentlemen+of+horror+2015

Or you can buy the mega-edition with both:
http://www.amazon.com/Ladies-Gentlemen-Horror-2015-McWhorter/dp/1517511550/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460066578&sr=1-2&keywords=gentlemen+of+horror+2015

You also have the choice with each format to purchase a Kindle or paperback copy. So what are you waiting for? Get one and help support the American Cancer Society and get some great horror stories too!

I actually received high praise for my contribution by an Amazon reviewer (Hydra M. Star) who wrote: "Greg McWhorter gives us half a dozen stories in this volume to enjoy. “The Horror at Engle Farm” is the one that I believe is the best. Set in the proper time period, it seemed like the sort of story one would expect to read in an old issue of Weird Tales. Yes, it was really that good." Yowzaaaa!!!

Next up is a beautifully designed tome of mighty horror entitled; Southern Haunts 3: Magick Beneath the Moonlight.



This is put out by the great folks at Seventh Star Press. They always have exceptional cover art! I have one short story in this collection that you can get in Kindle or paperback form here: http://www.amazon.com/Southern-Haunts-Magick-Beneath-Moonlight/dp/1941706339/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460066899&sr=1-1&keywords=southern+haunts

Another anthology that I am proud to be a part of is the newest incarnation of Axes of Evil: A Heavy Metal Horror Anthology -vol. I.



Editor Alex Johnson is a stalwart on the horror writers circuit who refuses to buckle under peer pressure and he carves his own destiny, right or wrong. I respect that. I think likewise. You can't please everyone and some times you leave unhappy people behind in your wake toward your goals. Well, to the anthology itself...Although other anthologies have come out with this same title, the stories in this one are all unique to this volume including the one I wrote specifically for it; "The Collector." I will say that my story mirrors my own life a bit and it is a disturbing take on collecting rock memorabilia. Get it on kindle or paperback here: http://www.amazon.com/Axes-Evil-Heavy-Horror-Anthology/dp/1522748113/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1460304712&sr=8-2&keywords=axes+of+evil

Fourth, and last, for now...Dead Guns Press who released some of my crime fiction in their Hardboiled anthology have just released a limited hardcover version of Hardboiled, but I think you can only order it directly from their website at: www.deadgunspress.com

I have some amazing news about my own novella, Shadowfall, that I will share soon in a separate post now that I have caught up!

No comments :

Post a Comment